Wednesday 3 August 2011

Back in Action!

It's been a long time since my last post, but I am back! I have been very busy working in a financial software house and studying the CQF (Certificate in Quantitative Finance) in parallel. I finally finished the CQF with exams average 97.8% :D and I am very excited about the future!

I have accepted an offer from Cass Business School for the MSc in Mathematical Trading and Finance (full time). The classes are all in the evening. That is very convenient as I can work during the day. The following are the modules at each term.

Term 1:

  • Derivatives 1
  • Mathematical Finance and Stochastic Calculus
  • Advanced Financial Econometrics
  • Quantitative Asset Pricing

Term 2:

  • Derivatives 2
  • Numerical Methods
  • Risk Analysis and Modelling
  • Structured Equity and Energy Derivatives

Term 3:

One elective and a Business Research Project which I can do in a company. The following are the electives.

  • Advanced Financial Engineering and Credit Derivatives
  • Fixed Income Arbitrage and Trading
  • Advanced Options Trading
  • Trading and Hedging in the Foreign Exchange Market
  • Advanced Financial Modelling and Forecasting
  • Technical Analysis and Trading Systems.
  • Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestments
  • Finance in Emerging Markets
  • Behavioural Finance
  • Market Microstructure and High Frequency Econometrics
  • Matlab
  • Private Equity Investment

 They already gave us preparation material for the induction section in Advanced Mathematics and Advanced Statistics.

I want to apply what I have learnt so I will be starting a project on my own. I will keep you updated! Excitement continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment