Sunday 10 May 2009

Java in the Google Cloud

Ever since Google made App Engine available to the public the number one request has been for Java support. Finally Google have obliged and opened GAE/J (Google App Engine for Java or "Gay-Jay") to public beta. Unlike Amazon's cloud services GAE/J is based around a deployable application as the basic unit. You create your WAR, deploy it to Google's cloud infrastructure and Google publish it to the world and make it scale.

There is a meetup at Skills Matter tomorrow about it. A whole range of questions about GAE/J will be answered. What does the cloud mean? What can it give me above deploying my own applications? Will Google own my data? How will I need to change my application to take advantage of GAE/J's features? How will it fit in with my existing applications? Can I use my favourite framework? Can I use all these hot new JVM languages and dynamic web frameworks?... and many more!

Speakers?
Chris Read and Ola Bini

Registration page for Skills Matter Java in the Google Cloud event
Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment